So today was the day. Today I had my last bag of chemo! Now I have 3 month of chemo tablets to go and then……. What a journey this has been and I know that it is not over yet but it is almost the end of this chapter and I am looking towards the next. I have been told that I will have to keep taking pentamidine for some time, even after treatment is finished as part of my immune system is shot, but I can live with that. I will also have to have blood tests to make sure the cancer is gone but all I can do is take one day at a time and be grateful for what I have as there is not point worrying about something I have no control over. So today I will take this time to count my cancer blessings (yes there are such things)
- Today I had my final bag of chemo
2. I have people back in my life that I had lost contact with before I was sick.
3. I have a stronger better relationship with my family and friends.
4. I think I am a better version of myself – stronger and I hope more understanding of what other people may be facing.
5. I am so grateful for all the NHS staff that have made this journey more than bearable.
6. I have a stronger and firmer relationship with God.
I would not wish anyone to have to travel this path, but it is not all negative. and like any journey we take I just have to keep looking forward and stop looking back because I hope there is a lot of good stuff still to come and I am more than ready to deal with that!